How Old is My Pet in Human Years?
Cleveland, TN pet owners are you asking, "How Old is My Pet in Human Years?"
As your pet ages - their healthcare needs become greater. Since pets age at a faster rate than humans, we recommend an exam every six months after your pet reaches age 7 in order to ensure your older pet is happy, healthy and pain-free.
Good senior pet health care requires attention to several factors:
- Diet and weight management
- Joint health
- Cancer screening
- Heart disease screening
- Dental care
- Diabetes screening
- Function of thyroid, kidneys, and liver
- Eye and vision health
- Pain management
Regular Preventative Care Exams are Important for Senior Pets
Regular exams and testing allows us to determine what is normal for your pet. Knowing these results help us detect any abnormalities or problems early. When diagnosed early, many conditions can be successfully managed to lead to better outcomes for your pet and treatment costs can often be reduced.
Appalachian Animal Clinic has developed a comprehensive senior wellness program designed to meet the changing needs of your pet as he or she ages. Our senior wellness program includes:
- Complete physical exam - evaluates the heart, lungs, eyes, ears, abdomen, joints and skin
- Intestinal parasite exam – Check for worms
- Early Disease Detection Testing:
- Urinalysis – detects ph balance, crystals in urine, abnormal cells and any signs of urinary tract infection or bladder cancer
- Full biochemisty test and bloodwork – evaluates the liver, kidneys thyroid levels, blood sugar levels, white blood cell count, red blood cell count and platelet count.
*We may also recommend further diagnostics based on exam and test results.
SAVE ON SENIOR WELLNESS PACKAGES IN NOVEMBER & DECEMBER!